Sunday, March 1, 2015

Charles Woodruff Lambert

I along with everyone else, were convinced that our baby boy was going to be born early. I had a dr. appointment on my due date and there was no indication that the baby was coming. That afternoon I started feeling regular contractions and by the time I went to get Olivia the contractions were coming frequently. The contractions were 5 minutes apart, but I wanted the girls all ready for bed before I went to the hospital and had Mary come get them. I was trying to get the girls showered and help Olivia study for her spelling test, but I finally couldn't wait any longer and called Matt at work and told him to come home. 
We got to the hospital and at 9:40 pm on February 4th, Charlie was born. Charlie wasn't crying when he was born and when the doctors immediately gave him a vitamin K shot he didn't cry for that either...matt was certain we had a tough little guy.
The doctors immediately gave me Charlie and I started feeding him right away, and gratefully he proved to be a very good eater from the start. They actually waited quite a while before they weighed him, I was anxious to find out so finally I asked the nurse if she could please weigh him. He weighed 9 pounds and 10 ounces. The doctors and nurses said they hadn't seen a baby born with that much hair that was blond.
 
 





Lyla came to see Charlie at the hospital and was so excited! Olivia had to wait a little longer, after school Matt brought Olivia to the hospital to see her little brother. The girls were both so excited to finally meet their brother! 
 



After a first rough night at the hospital, I was very eager to get out and go home, but we ended up having to stick around another night and weren't able to leave until the next late afternoon. We were so excited to go home!