Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lyla

 
 
1. She's not afraid to give you her opinion. As we approached December, I told the girls "oh this is so exciting now we can listen to Christmas music in the car!" Lyla replied, "No I only like to listen to classical music or BYU (referring to BYU sports.)"
 
2. She's a fashionista. She definitely has a style. She will also point out to you if your outfit does not match. This morning she was getting ready for church and for the first time I let her pick out her own outfit. she selected her aqua dress, but was having trouble finding a sweater. Olivia offered her an aqua sweater. Lyla didn't want the sweater explaining that she couldn't wear it because it was a spring sweater and it is not spring time.
 
3.She loves to read books. Usually after reading a stack of books her response is, "that was not enough books!"
 
4. She loves to dress up. She loves to layer in this process and has been know to wear 7 layers at a time. She has always loved princess dress up clothes, but her current obsesion in dressing up in Olivias clothes.
 
5. In her mind she has a very clear definition of what is acceptable for girls and what is acceptable for boys. She has reorganized my closet removing any shoe that is not "girl" enough (which includes my gym shoes, boots and flip flops) and moving them to Matthews closet. The other day while Charlie was sleeping I laid a pink blanket on him, to keep him warm. A while later Lyla came marching out of his bedroom holding the pink blanket saying, "this is not grey or black...it is pink...boys don't like pink!"
 
...things she'll frequently say... "I'm right here!"    If she's not obeying and you try to talk to her about it she responds "I will go and do the things the Lord commands!" "Did you know that I'm 6?"